Underage Gambling

Underage gambling in New Jersey is governed by N.J.S. 5:12-119. That statute makes it a disorderly persons offense for an underage person to wager in or even enter a licensed casino or simulcasting facility. New Jersey defines underage person to be a person under the age at which a he may legally purchase and consume alcoholic beverages. The law does allow an underage person to enter the facility in order to pass to another room. The law also allows persons specifically licensed or registered under the New Jersey Casino Control Act to enter in the regular course of the person's permitted activities.

Persons who violate this law commit a disorderly persons offense. The minimum fine that the judge is then required to impose is $500.00. In addition, the court is required to suspend or postpone the person's license to operate a motor vehicle for six months.

Records relating to convictions for this offense can be expunged after five years. If the charge is dismissed, the defendant can apply for expungement of his arrest record immediately.

Client Reviews
Mr. Marain I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you again. I don't have enough words to express my feelings, I am just extremely thankful that I had you as an attorney. I wish you and your family the best. J.L.
Mr. Marain, you were fantastic in handling my case. Thank you for being so thorough and keeping me informed in every step of the process. I will definitely come to you again if I need any legal assistance in the future. C.R.
Mr. Marain got right to work on my case. And didn't stop until it was taken care of. A very nice man and a professional. I am happy I got hooked up with him. T.S.C.
Mr. Marain is an excellent attorney. He represented me very well. I had an excellent attorney on my side. I would recommend Mr. Marain without any reservations. F.M.M.
I would strongly recommend Mr. Marain. His follow-ups that explained the progress and status of the case were very helpful and informative. It was a pleasure using your services. S.P.H.
Contact Us